- Hormonal balance is the key to a healthy life. Hormone Metabolism Panel: It is a test group that examines hormones with different characteristics such as Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEA, Cortisone, Aldosterone, Melatonin and their metabolism products.
- After the hormones have completed their duties, they go to the liver and enter the process of being removed from the body. At this stage, some problems may occur, metabolism products and toxic substances may accumulate in the body. As a result, some complaints and disease manifestations may occur.
- Hormone Metabolism Panel test results show whether the hormones in our body are properly excreted after completing their functions. It is an important indicator for a healthy life.
- When hormones cannot be metabolized as they should be, they may cause the person to face various disease risks as well as acquire a carcinogenic nature.
STEROID HORMONE METABOLISM
HORMONE METABOLISM OF OUR BODY
- The way in which hormones are metabolized and excreted from the body may change in some cases. For example, our body may secrete too much cortisol to cope with stress, and as a result, the production of sex hormones may decrease.
- Harmful metabolism products of hormones may occur due to consumption of foods containing excessive fat, lack of vitamins, and unbalanced nutrition. Many factors such as metals, genetic defects of enzymes involved in the formation of metabolic products affect these processes.
- Whether the hormone metabolism product is toxic or not, whether it accumulates in the body, the level of effect, why it increases or decreases that is understood by the Hormone Metabolism Panel test results.
IMPORTANCE OF THE HORMONE METABOLISM PANEL
- Measuring the blood levels of hormones as well as the metabolism product levels is very important in terms of more comprehensively determining the risks of the person
- Hormone Metabolism Tests are studied on four different urine samples collected at certain times of the day. In these samples, very low levels of hormone metabolism products, which cannot be detected in the blood and are excreted in the urine, that are also analyzed together with the hormones.
- The test results also show the cortisol hormone response of your body to against the stress.
- In addition to hormones, Bisphenol A (BPA) levels are also analyzed. BPA is a chemical compound found in the packaging of food and beverages. It has been proven that BPA, which enters the body through food and beverages, has harmful effects on the function, secretion, transport of hormones.
WHEN SHOULD WE CONSIDER TO HAVE DONE TO
THE HORMONE METABOLISM PANEL?
- If you have a family history of hormone-related cancer such as breast or prostate cancer,
- Weight gain, insomnia,
- Insulin resistance, waist circumference thickening, excessive sweet or salty desire to eat,
- Bone muscle pains,
- Excessive hair loss, excessive hair growth, acne,
- Menstrual irregularities,
- Night sweats, hot flashes,
- If there are signs of menopause and hormone therapy will be started,
The Hormone Metabolism Panel will guide you.